Johnny Mathis has decided that Christmas is not a holiday to be celebrated alone. So his upcoming holiday CD is a newly recorded collection of duets.
Due October 29th from Columbia Records, Sending You a Little Christmas pairs him with a wide range of talent. Among the highlights:
- Natalie Cole joins him on "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
- Billy Joel teams with Mathis for "The Christmas Song."
- Vince Gill and Amy Grant add their voices on a medley of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and "White Christmas."
- Susan Boyle shows up on "Do You Hear What I Hear."
- Gloria Estefan guests on "Mary's Boy Child."
- The Jordanaires add a splash of '50s harmony on "Home for the Holidays."
Sending You a Little Christmas is Johnny Mathis's sixth Christmas album and first since 1986.