Friday 5/10/2013: Scientists at the University of Bradford in England claim we are one generation way from ending this...What is it? Answer: Gray Hair
Tuesday 5/7/2013: According to the Worldwide Motion Picture Group...if your script includes a scene with this activity it's probably gonna fizzle...What is it? Answer: Bowling
Monday 5/6/2013: Compared to their mothers, today women have larger what? Answer: Engagement rings
Friday 5/3/2013: According to worldwide statistics – People in Portugal hang on to THESE for longer than a decade...Longer than any other any other country…What is it? Answer: A Grudge!!!
Thursday 5/2/2013: According to the Wall Street Journal...Last summer's drought has caused the price for this popular food item to increase almost 50% from last year...What is it? Answer: Chicken Wings
Iron Man 3 arrives in theaters Friday. What? You haven't even seen the first two Iron Man movies? Well then, you need to watch this right now and get caught up.
Lou Gramm wants to make it clear that he is not re-joining Foreigner.
The former frontman published Juke Box Hero, his autobiography, on Wednesday, and in interviews he's said that he has "an open mind" to re-joining Mick Jones in Foreigner should the opportunity arise. He told Classic Rock Revisited, "His management and my management are tossing around the idea of a farewell tour. I would really like to do that. It would be really great to do that instead of leaving it with such a bitter and unfinished ending.”
This, of course, has been twisted to say that they will be touring, which has prompted Gramm's office to issue the following statement: "Though both Lou Gramm and Mick Jones will be on hand for the Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony on June 13th in New York, there are no plans for the two to head out on a reunion tour. Despite recent media reports that a reunion is being planned, at present time, there are no dialogs about any dates, though both continue to tour."
Gramm left Foreigner for the final time in 1997 following brain surgery.
5 Facts About Cinco de Mayo from the Mother Nature Network
1. Cinco de Mayo IS NOT Mexico’s Independence Day. Most Americans confuse this holiday with Mexico's Independence Day, but that date is Sept. 16.
2. Cinco de Mayo IS a celebration of the Battle of Puebla. The holiday commemorates the Mexican Army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867).
3. Cinco de Mayo IS a celebrations of underdogs. Why make such a big deal over one victory? The win at Puebla was a huge deal for Mexico because the Mexican Army went into the battle as underdogs. They had no training and no equipment and were vastly outnumbered against the well-armed, well-disciplined and well-funded French, who up until that point had defeated them at every turn. Yet, they prevailed.
4. Cinco de Mayo IS NOT really a big deal in Mexico. With all of the fuss around May 5th here in the U.S., you would think it was the biggest holiday in Mexico — but that's not the case. That honor goes to Mexican Independence Day. Still, Mexicans do celebrate the day with family get-togethers, fireworks, dancing and lots of yummy food.
5. Cinco de Mayo IS a holiday for everyone to celebrate. Many towns around the U.S. have festivals, fiestas, dances, fireworks, food and music in honor of the holiday. It's a great time to teach your kids about the culture, people and history of Mexico — or even learn a little yourself.
Elton John has designed a gnome for a U.K. charity.
Britain’s Royal Horticultural Society Chelsea Flower Show has lifted its ban on gnomes for this year's show and has invited Elton and other celebrities to design their own gnomes to help raise funds for the nationwide RHS Campaign for School Gardening. With Elton’s Rocket Pictures having produced the 2011 animated film Gnomeo and Juliet, for which he provided the soundtrack, this was an easy task. He decorated one gnome -- which was inspired by Paris, the rock star gnome who sang “Your Song” in the film -- and provided Gnomeo and Juliet characters.
The RHS Chelsea Flower Show takes place at the Royal Hospital in the Chelsea section of London from May 21st to the 25th. Among the artists who annually support the show are Ringo Starr and Rod Stewart.